We are sustainable! A big claim.
For us at TONI this doesn’t just mean the handling of materials, which we process and bring to the market. For us, sustainability stands in close connection to our responsibility towards our employees, our environment and not least of all our customers.
For more transparency and information, we have introduced the GREEN BY TONI sigil. All marked products are made of fabrics with sustainable production cycles. This means, among other things, that less water or energy is necessary, the CO2-emissions are lower or further processing is preferably done regionally.
BALL WASHED: For ever more authentic washes, TONI now uses walnut-sized, corrugated plastic balls that are more durable than conventional pumice stones.
- re-usable balls
- less CO2 emissions into the atmosphere
- water reduction
- energy efficiency
- high-quality yarn produced from recycled and conventionally grown cotton
- PES yarn made from recycled plastic bottles:
SOFT BLUE DENIM (11-16): Super soft and light denim made from 100% organic cotton.
- no use of pesticides and harmful substances in cultivation
- respectful treatment of nature
- fair working conditions
- no use of pollutants and chemicals in production
LASER PRINT DENIM (15-67): Authentic denim made from a high percentage of recycled cotton and polyester yarn. In addition, pattern and used effects are applied using an innovative laser print process.
- high quality yarn made from recycled and conventionally growing cotton
- PES yarn from recycled plastic bottles
- the laser printing process does not require any complex washing recipes and can do without the use of water
ITALIAN COSY DENIM (12-68): Italian denim (candianidenim.it) with effects achieved by a health-friendly laser technique, instead of a bleaching process.
- original italian denim
- decreased water consumption
- improved work conditions
- reduction of sewage water
- low use of grafting material
COSY GABARDINE (21-12), COLOURED DENIM (21-33), LIGHT WEIGHT DENIM (21-34),SATIN (21-44) and SUMMER COTTON (21-69): Velvet-like cotton qualities, which consume less water and energy during their production.
- 20-50% reduced water usage, depending on the color
- 40-50% less energy consumption
- decreased CO2 emissions
- less sewage disposal necessary
- dyes fulfill the REACH criteria
REACH: (Registration Evaluation Authorisation CHemicals) is a European regulation for improving protection for humans and the environment in relation to chemical substances.
GLENCHECK COTTON CREPE (24-01): Italian cotton-mix, fabricated from recylced cotton and polyester.
- made in Italy
- recycled cotton
- PES yarn made from reused plastic bottles
- cotton from up to 80% sustainable cultivation
- 50-60% reduced water consumption
- 50-60% less energy consumption
- 80-95% diminished CO2 emissions
- 70-80% decreased lead times
- 75-85% waste reduction
- noise reduction
COSY CORDUROY (31-02): Cord quality from one of the last cord manufacturers in Germany.
- made in Germany: German fabric qualities are subject to one of the highest environmental standards in Europe and the world.
- short transport routes
- regional added value
REFIBRA™ (71-21): Revolutionary quality in which the yarn is made from eucalyptus wood and recycled cotton.
- eucalyptus wood becomes Pulp-Tencel®
- old cotton is shred
- both are spun into yarn
MERINO WOOL (91-01): First-rate wool quality which is woven in Germany.
- made in Germany:. German fabric qualities are subject to one of the highest environmental standards in Europe and the world.
- at least 20% less energy used
- regional added value
- 0% groundwater consumption thanks to water extraction of surface water and return of cleaned sewage